First Call for Proposals of the Interreg IPA Cross-border Cooperation Bulgaria - Turkey Programme (2014 - 2020)
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria
in cooperation with
Ministry for EU Affairs of the Republic of Turkey
Announce on the 16.11.2015 the First Call for project proposals under the Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Bulgaria-Turkey Programme, with aim to improve the cross-border cooperation between two countries. The Programme is co-financed from the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance II of the European Union.
The overall objective of the Programme is strengthening the Bulgaria-Turkey cross-border cooperation capacity in the field of nature protection and sustainable tourism, leading to enhancement of European territorial cohesion.
The total amount allocated to the First Call for proposals is € 11 028 255.
Project proposals would have to target one of the following Priority Axes and specific objectives under the Programme:
- Priority Axis 1: Environment:
- Specific objective 1.1: Preventing and mitigating the consequences of natural and man-made disasters in the cross-border area;
- Specific objective 1.2: Improving the capacity for nature protection, sustainable use and management of common natural resources through cooperation initiatives in the cross-border area.
- Priority axis 2: Sustainable tourism
- Specific objective 2.1: Increasing the touristic attractiveness of the cross-border area through better utilisation of natural, cultural and historical heritage and related infrastructure;
- Specific objective 2.2: Increasing the cross-border tourism potential by developing common destinations;
- Specific objective 2.3: Increasing networking for development of sustainable tourism through cross-border cooperation initiatives.
The key objective of the Programme is to raise the capacity of the local and regional authorities in the development and implementation of joint projects in the eligible cross-border region, defined in the Programme as follows:
- For Republic of Bulgaria (administrative level NUTS III) – districts of Burgas, Yambol and Haskovo;
- For Republic of Turkey (administrative level NUTS III equivalent) – provinces of Edirne and Kırklareli.
The full package of documents, including the Guidelines for Applicants is published on the following websites:
The deadline for submission of project proposals is March 16th 2016, 17:30 h. local time in Bulgaria, at the following address:
2 Patriarh Evtimiy Str., 3rd floor, offices (88, 89, 90, 91)
A campaign for information and support of applicants is going to be organized in the upcoming months in the Republic of Bulgaria and the Republic of Turkey. The dates and venues of the information events are going to be announced on the web site of the Programme (www.ipacbc-bgtr.eu).
You can contact the Joint Secretariat of the Programme for additional information:
Main office in Haskovo: tel. +359 38 663 888;
Branch office in Edirne: tel. + 90 284 214 9909.