The First Call for Project Ideas from the Territorial Strategy is Set Up
The Operational Unit
The Strategy Board
of the INTERREG Bulgaria-Türkiye Programme 2021-2027
announce the launch of Call 1 for concept notes of project proposals under the Territorial Strategy of the INTERREG Bulgaria-Türkiye Programme 2021-2027.
The application is with project ideas that contribute to the achievement of Specific objective 1 “Achieving sustainable and inclusive economic growth based on increased competitiveness of the local economy, digital and green transformation”.
The Specific objective 1 is based on the following fields of intervention:
- Competitiveness and business environment;
- Digitalisation and climate neutrality of the local economy;
- Employability and labour market adaptability;
- Ecosystem practices and services in the management of natural assets with tourism potential
Brief information about the Call and the full package of documents for application is provided below, and also at:
The total budget of the call is EUR 13 423 529.
The deadline for submission of concept notes in Jems is 24 July 2023, 17:00 EEST
You can contact the Joint Secretariat of the Programme for additional information:
Main office in Haskovo: tel. +359 38 663 888;
Branch office in Edirne: tel. + 90 284 214 9909.
Call 1 in a nutshell:
- Territorial focus of the Call – the entire cross-border region of the INTERREG VI-A IPA Bulgaria Türkiye Programme (Districts of Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo and Provinces of Edirne and Kırklareli).
- Objective of the Call – support project ideas that develop and employ cross-border solutions to boost the economic growth of the targeted region in alignment with Strategic objective 1 of the Programme’s Territorial Strategy, adopted by the Strategy Board on the 2nd of December 2022.
- Focus of the Call - broad thematic coverage (competitiveness, green and digital transformation, employability, tourism) – to promote the integrated territorial development.
- Application process – takes place in the Joint electronic Monitoring System (Jems - https://jems-bgtr.mrrb.bg/), where applicants need to register and create a new project application. Applicants attach the application form of the concept note, along with the budget forecast, a Letter of Commitment and Project Maturity Development Plan to the Jems application of their project idea. Full project proposals are submitted upon invitation.
- Key features of the project idea/concept note – it is expected that multi-sectoral partnerships between stakeholders from Bulgaria and Türkiye will bring in solutions to boost regional economic potentials on a larger territorial scope, where cross-border impact plays central role.
- Project actions – compulsory combination of investment (works and/or supply) and soft type of actions (e.g. services); the thematic focus of the actions needs to be fully and logically aligned with the objective/s of the project idea.
- Project participants (applicant and partners) – local/regional bodies and authorities (incl. regional structures of central public authorities and statutory bodies); MSMEs; NGOs; academic, research, training and cultural institutions. Lead partners need to be registered and to operate in the programme area for at least 3 years prior to the application. Project partners need to be registered and to operate in the programme area for at least 2 years prior to the application. The project partnership should consist of at least one partner from each side of the border region.
- Project costs – when applying with a concept note it is not required to present a detailed budget of the project idea. What is needed during the project idea identification process is an overall budget estimation of expenditures per cost category and per project partner.
- Financial aspects – min € 500 000 and max € 1 000 000 of a project idea. Grant intensity 100%, but the de minimis provisions apply to all project partners. The investment component (construction and/or supplies) of the project idea must be no less than 70% of the total eligible costs.
Duration of the project – minimum 12 months and maximum 24 months